Saturday 8 December 2012

BEDID - Day 8 - Week Update


Got a question or topic you want me to blog during December? Email me or post it here.

And like that, the first week of December and BEDID is done. Crazy. Anyway, quick post tonight just to clean up some loose ends from the week that didn't really fit in with any of the posts this week.

I went to the local library this week in an attempt to make reading fun again (thanks a lot school...), and picked up a few books to finish this month. The first one, and speaking of school, is called Dude, You're a Fag by C.J. Pascoe. It's an ethnography, meaning the author went into a NorCal high school and interacted with the kids to find out how masculinity is constructed in high school and put it into a book. I decided to pick it up just to see how it parallels with my buddies and us being in high school, plus it kinda has to do with school. I haven't gotten too far into, but so far...it's like reading one of my sociology textbooks (and here I was thinking I would get away from school), but I skimmed ahead and it seems like there's some neat stories and anecdotes, so fingers crossed it gets better. I also picked up The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum, which I've been meaning to read for a long time, and I won't lie, it's partly because of the movies .The last one is My Two Moms by Zach Wahls, which discusses his experiences growing up having two moms. You might remember him his speech to the Iowa House of Representatives:


Besides that, I also got to hang out with Britney this week, which is always a lot of fun. She recently picked up the new Hitman game, which is amazing by the way. I'm usually pretty bad at stealth games (I have no patience), but I really enjoyed playing this one. There's so much flexibility in how to take down your targets, Britney was amazed when we each replayed a few levels she had done and found ways of taking the targets down that she had never considered. I still have some work to do though...I've gotta learn not to freak out when I'm spotted and start killing everything that moves...that strategy doesn't work so well in stealth games.

Not holding my breath, but while we were hanging out, she mentioned a mutual friend of ours whose coming back from school to visit with a friend of hers who happens to play for our team. Britney seemed excited at the idea of getting us together to hang out...and she also mentioned later in the week that she's been actively searching out dudes for me. Props to her :). My sister and I have also toyed with the idea of going to a gay bar that her casting director co-worker had recommended to her...provided that he gets to come along too. Hmmm.

Anyway, that's all for now. Be yourselves guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment