Friday 21 December 2012

BEDID - Day 21 - You Ask, I Tell Part 4


Got a question or topic you want to see blogged in December? Email me or post it here.

Side note: We got a decent dump of snow in Vancouver this week (which is really rare!), and it's so pretty...when you don't have to go anywhere or do anything, LIKE FINISH YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING (sigh.). It's only now washing away, after I braved the snow to get to the malls, so I decided to grab a pic from my bedroom window (pardon the reflection from my light) before it's completely gone.



Anyway, since December is already coming to a close, and I still have more questions to answer...

Question from Explorer Jack:

I always like hearing "first time" stories. Tell us about your first time. With a girl or guy?  

Welp, colour me embarrassed =P (as if I wasn't after yesterday's post). I’m pretty sure I mentioned it at the beginning of the blog somewhere, but I’m a virgin. So unfortunately, there’s no big elaborate, steamy story…yet. Sorry. I can tell you that there’s a 99% chance it’ll be with a guy, although eventually I’d like to try a girl just to say I’ve been there and do one final check to see if that gay label sticks.

I spent a little too much time being paranoid and closeted to really care about losing my virginity, but regardless I always wanted it to be with someone special and not some random hookup. Part of it I’m sure comes from how I was raised, my parents were high school sweethearts and have probably instilled in me some a lot of that hopeless romanticness. And while they’re liberal about most things, sex isn’t one of them as far as I know (and honestly I DON’T WANT TO KNOW), so I’ve had to figure most things out on my own (thank you Internet.) For me, it’s not a big deal…I mean, I’ve spent 23 years without sex, what’s just a little longer for the right person?

That being said, I’ve got a lot of pent up sexual frustration, and I'm not ruling out the idea of a FWB...although emphasis on the F. And I’m not definitely not against a few random hookups maybe once the first relationship is out of the way. But as always, we will see. 

Sorry this answer any fun, but stayed tuned in the future =P.


Question from Ethan:

What personality does your dream man have, and what physical traits does he have?

Check this post =). But as an addendum…


 Also from Ethan:

What do you find sexy in a man, like particular accents, behaviours, looks, how someone moves, what they do etc.? I like the german accent for some reason, and the West Australian accent.

In terms of looks, even though I really dislike facial hair, I’m a sucker for a scruffy looking guy (The first four days of Movember WERE GREAT). I also have a weakness for guys in business wear (I’m not talking suits or anything, but dress shirt, tie). I don’t know how they do it, but dress pants really seem to highlight some guys’ asses REALLY nicely. This was really bad for the last few months when I had to cut through the financial district downtown to get to my internship, it made it really difficult to watch where I was going sometimes =P .

As for behaviours, talents are always sexy. First one that pops into my head is musicality. If you can write a song for me and play it on a guitar, I’m all yours. Second one that comes to mind is cooking or baking. The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, and I’m no exception :P . Cook me breakfast in bed and I’ll never leave your side. Being a cute beach volleyball player is really kinda sexy…there’s something about the beach, board shorts and spiking a ball that’s really hot. In a personality sense, being cute and funny is always sexy. And when I mean cute, I mean for a guy to soften up a bit and be a little bit vulnerable mixed with being a dork or silly. Confidence is always huge, if you can carry yourself well, I can appreciate that.

As for accents, I’m sorry to admit I’m the ignorant North American, so I wasn’t aware there was a difference between Australian accents, and I had to Youtube it =P. Both the Western and Southern (did I get that right?) accents are pretty sexy…please don’t force me to choose! I also find Caribbean/Jamaican and Brazilian accents really hot.

As always, be yourselves guys and have fun out there!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reply! Nothing to be embarrassed about. I would advise that you not wait until your mid-40's to start messing about, like me. I surely wish I had some more experiences in my twenties to reflect back on, but do it on your own terms for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool post man once again. :-) You have an awesome view out of your bedroom window. Hope you got all your xmas shopping done!

    I agree w/ Explorer Jack don't wait till after your 20s. I don't recommend random hookups b4 dating tho. Def. better when you like somebody to have sex with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you may be getting the hetero and homo versions of virgin mixed up. To be specific, I know many, many guys who don't do anal but they're definitely gay.

    And go s-l-o-w ! Try joining a gay group that doesn't revolve around sex. That means stay away from the bear groups, but check out gay religious groups, older men clubs and even drag pageants. Or if someone you talk to a lot on line happens to be in town, meet up to show them around. This doesn't always have to happen at night.

    And if you do meet someone, start with a late movie because you aren't expected to "start anything" late in the evening.

    ReplyDelete