Sunday 2 December 2012

BEDID - Day 2 - "Dude, you're grinding up against my stomach."


Got something you want to see blogged in the month of December? Email me, or ask it here.


Question from Kevin: 

Ever thought something sexual about one of 'the guys'? 

Unless you consider daring Danny to wax his pubes for $50 a sexual thought, the answer is no. It’s cliché, but these guys really are the closest thing I have to brothers. And just like siblings, I can appreciate why girls might find them physically attractive, but I have no desire to fuck any of them. The thought of it just feels really wrong and gross. It's kind of the same feeling you might get when somebody tells you "Dude, your sister is hot." Just...no. It also helps, as one of the guys, that they try their damndest to do the most repulsive things around you.

That being said, since I’ve come out to them, I think we’ve all become a lot more relaxed and secure in our sexualities. I’m sure a lot of you have experienced it, but between buddies, it's like there’s a penalty for acting or doing something that might be misconstrued as gay and it kind of rules the dynamic between you guys. Don’t you love masculinity? (Hopefully during the break, there’s a book I’ve been meaning to read about this…stay tuned) Now that I’ve come out, I think we’ve broken down that barrier and all realized? Accepted? that there’s nothing to lose being a homo/homoerotic around each other, since…well, I am one. And now we just do it to be ridiculous and tease each other. Quote in the title? From 5'7' Brian the last time we went clubbing (and before you ask, HE CAME ON TO ME.). Randomly slapping each other in ass? A more frequent occurrence...unfortunately. Hell, Nate gets into fake arguments with Cara over me…after Nate bailed on some of plans a few weeks ago, the conversation ended something like this:

Cara, grabbing my arm: “It’s okay if you can't make it, you know Matt’s my replacement boyfriend.”

Nate, jokingly: “What? Bitch, please…he’s mine. You know I’ve got way more game than you do."

Me, reveling in the attention: “Uh…guys, you know there’s more than enough of me to go around. No need to ‘fight’.”


God, I have weird friends.

-Matt

3 comments:

  1. Some of my straight friends and I come on to each other just to get girls all hot and bothered haha.

    So what's your dream garage? Say top 5 picks regardless of price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see the dream garage as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the answer, finally found some time to catch up on blog reading... it's the way I feel about good friends too. I just asked because 'people' seem to think gay guys always secretely want more from there friends.
    Haha some of my friends do exactly the same with me, saying I'm their boyfriend for tonight and than defend me and stuff lol. I love it because it shows they're completely comfortable around me

    ReplyDelete