Monday 5 September 2011

Take Two

Hey guys,

I took a little break from blogging just to reevaluate what I wanted to do here. A lot of the time I wasn't sure what to put here, or how it was going to help me. I've realized that I've got this irrational idea in my head that talking about myself makes me conceited and that my problems and thoughts aren't important, so I keep things to myself. Crazy, right? It's ridiculous, but even with the anonymity of the internet, I kind of cared what I was putting out there and how that might be interpreted, so I found myself censoring some of what I wrote. It might be in part because I was worried about somebody finding me out or maybe it's just because in my crazy mind I didn't want to come off as egotistical. But anyway, with that being said, I'm going to keep at it and give it another shot.

So what's been going on the last month with me?


Well, the big thing is I won't be going back to school tomorrow with everyone else. I ended up getting an extension at my summer job through until January, so it's another 4 months of filing, data entry, photocopying and paper pushing for me. Anna was pretty excited that I was staying, and if you're wondering, I haven't heard a peep from her on the whole "gay" topic since my last post. Anyway, I figure a few more months there will do me some good; since I got this job through school's work program, I get credits for it, I need the experience, and best of all, I get paid =P. And besides, I never took a year off just to work like a lot of kids do, so here's me making up for lost time. Some of my friends are freaking out that I won't go back to school, which is nice to see they care so much, but I've come too far in my degree to give up now, so they don't have anything to worry about. I'll be back in January, although I'm sad that I'm going to miss the excitement and spirit on campus with all the first year students and everyone else rested up from the summer all pumped and ready to get back to class. But then I remember I won't have to worry about midterms and papers for another 4 months, and then I'm all good.

 First Year Students - Their souls will be broken soon enough...=P

Aside from that, I've spent a whole ton of time with my buddies, enjoying my summer and taking time for myself. Brian and I made it our mission to go see Horrible Bosses at one point this summer, and I'm glad we did...it was absolutely hilarious! I think Brian and I enjoyed it because we could see us and the rest of The Guys doing ridiculous shit like that for each other...if we were crazier, heh. Other than that, there was A LOT of conversation made and Tim Hortons coffee consumed...god, how I love the stuff. How I'd manage without a Tim Hortons coffee somedays, I don't know...I think I may need an intervention in the future. ANYWAY...The Guys and I also went bowling for the first time in about a year or two...we used to go almost every other day in the summer when we were all out of school. Sucks because I used to be able to bowl a 150+ average no problem...I struggled to break 100 the night we went. At least now I have an excuse to go bowling more often...

 My second home?

I also spent one day with my sister Diana down in Washington State doing some shopping at the outlet malls. Neither of us are really into that kind of shopping, but more than anything we both needed an excuse to get out of town and that was the most convenient. Anyway, you'd never guess we'd the type to hang out together or that we're even related. Our personalities are polar opposites: I’m shy and reserved while she’s outgoing and perhaps even a little brash; she’s the emotional and spontaneous, I’m more logical and calculated. She’s much more the free-spirited social butterfly whereas I’m the dependable, responsible, mature one out of the two of us. But yet, in a lot of ways, we're the same, so we get along great. We've got the same sense of humour (random), so I sometimes finish her sentences and I'll pick up on things like her Futurama references (All hail the hypnotoad?) that some people, ie. our parents, won't get. We also have the same irrational quirks, like going back twice to check the stove or whether we've locked the front door, and we share a lot of the same values (blame our parents) like working way too hard in order to get what we deserve. Bottom line is, we're both super awesome and I love her a bunch!

Anyway, hope you guys had a kickass long weekend and I promise there'll be more from me in the future!

- Matt

2 comments:

  1. Write from the heart man. What is on your mind. I find it helps me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to censor myself too. Even though our blogs are anonymous, the longer we write them we develop a sort of online identity. So even though my real life identity is a secret, I find myself caring about my online identity too, and thus worrying about what other people think of it. Maybe my anonymous blog needs an anonymous blog.

    ReplyDelete