Monday 11 February 2013

I Might be Addicted

Oh god, what is wrong with me?

In between our dates and since he's left, I've been texting back and forth with Alex, and it's just the most random stuff we'll talk about. It's funny, my friends have heard me rave about this guy, but yet I can't even tell them what we talk about and why that makes me excited, since it's so mundane. He'll check in on me to see how I'm doing, we'll talk about our plans for the day, hell, even what we're having for lunch. And I can't help but feel a bit giddy and let a smile creep across my face when I see the LED on my phone blink. It's seriously a struggle...he keeps talking about things he wants to do the next time he's back in Vancouver, how he wants to spend more time here, and then he asks me if I'd spend some of that time with him. I say, maybe a little too enthusiastically, that I'd definitely like to hang out again and end up wondering what the hell I'm doing. I know I could stop talking or try to end the conversation, but I can't help it, I don't want to.

It wasn't supposed to go this way, at least not this quickly. I'm sitting here, writing the third post in three days about this guy, wondering what happened to taking things slowly, meeting new people and making friends first before getting into any sort of relationship. Part of me is saying, hit the brakes and stop leading this guy on, there's still sooo many more guys to date, so why start a relationship with the very first date now? Besides, it's only been two dates! What are you doing?! The other side says this feels so right, that he's a really sweet guy and I remind myself that I can connect with him in a way that I can with only a select few people.

I'm both impressed and completely astounded with myself. This is absolutely crazy.


2 comments:

  1. i love morgan page. my favorite song is call my name, page is so mad chill.

    i think you need to first figure out if everything that he's doing to you feels like smooth talking, or whether it feels genuine. if he is genuine, and not playing with you, i think it doesn't hurt to let yourself go a lil. i think it's pretty hard to feel so intensely about someone so quickly especially on a non-physical level, and so he seems like he's right for you.

    juz mah two centz

    ReplyDelete